Automator for Website Automation

Reaction score
Hello,

thank you in advance for your help.

So, i usually login to a website and I send the same text over and over to a ton of posts.
Is there any way I can automate this?

A good example would be something like craigslist. Let's assume that i want to send all the posting a message that i will buy their things right now.
SO, i will need the automator to do the following:
1. Open specific URL.
2. Get all possible links from within that URL and open them in new tabs (safari/chrome does not really matter).
3. Then, click on a specific button (function area).
4. Past specific text on field #1.
5. then take a value from X location on page and add Y% to that value; lastly paste it on field #2.
6. Click on Submit button.

Can the automator do this? Or should I look into getting a macros to get this done?

Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, it probably wouldn't work, because of the design of most websites with regards to their security and anti-spamming/hacking measures.

C

Reaction score
My website is not craiglists,
so i know it will work hence, i am asking for it. The problem is how can i achieve that with imacros or automator.
Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, the intricate of an AppleScript/Automator solution is far beyond my experience. Maybe someone else here may have a suggestion, or you could always check out the following forum for AppleScrip/Automator:

MacScripter

C

Ask a Question