SOLVED What is "privacy remote resources" and why is it blocking me seeing emails.?

Reaction score
Hi,
i went of on Holidays, 2 week. first time I had a break in 11 years. everything was fine on my computer when I left. but when I got home, had a few thousand emails (all my ebay searches kept coming though) so I sorted though them and deleted them all.

But then no new emails were coming through at all. what the...

I went into my 'web mail' page and saw this below each heading.

i have been going through and "allowing" me to see the resources, one email at a time... (dam annoying when I have 2,000+)

my question is what is it?, and is there any way to 'bulk' turn them to 'allow'.?

regards, Sandy
privacy resources.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You are accessing email via webmail in a browser, correct? There should be a setting in your account there that will allow remote resources (like images). Or, the email provider recently made a change.

Since it is webmail, I would contact your email provider support if you can't find a setting to change the default.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

I eventually seem to have got things back to working, I think.

i manually went through emails clicking the "allow" word, then deleting the email.

all my emails are now coming through.

don't know why it happened, never struck this before.

knock on wood, that it does not happen to me again.

regards, Sandy

Ask a Question