Security & Privacy Question

Reaction score
Hello...... I am trying to make a change in my Security & Privacy settings and everytime I try to open the little LOCK in the bottom left it keeps.... opening and then quickly shuts.

How do I keep this open so I can make my adjustments?

See attached image....

Thank you!
Reesche

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 9.24.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 9.24.07 AM.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 212
Reaction score
It looks like you are not using Sierra as your Mac OS. What exact Mac OS are you using?

Myself, when I open that preference and click on the lock icon, it does give me the (expected) screen to enter my admin password. Difficult to say why you are having issues. How long has this been going on? And have you done any software upgrades/installations "around" the time it started happening?

Also, via a google search of "Lock icon clicking in the Security & Privacy Preferences on a Mac issues", this link contains to to "fix" this issue with Yosemite, OS 10.10.x:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/152684/allow-apps-wont-unlock-in-security-privacy-yosemite

Not sure, though, if it will help you. Note, though, that in that link, it mentioned another way of installing "unapproved" apps. Actually, for Sierra, that is how one needs to do it.

Ask a Question