web browser for os 9.2.2

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently was given a imac desktop/ blue backing???
os 9.2.2, having problems downloadind a different browser, it came with explorer 5. suggestions would be great....please
Todiebear

Reaction score
I would suggest trying out iCab, I believe it's the only browser for Mac OS 9 that's still being updated (every now and then it'll refuse displaying any other site than icab.de though, and require you to download a new version, but that isn't too much of a hassle as it will then give you a link to that page). Another quite decent choice is Opera 6.03, granted, it's not as nice as Opera 9, but it's most often good enough.

Reaction score
icab is indeed the only browser for os 9 thats stil an ongoing concern
there are older mozilla versions for 9 but forget about firefox

why not give 9 the ould middle finger and join the rest of us in the wave of the future ?

Reaction score
I used iCab too when I was on 9.2.2, but it didn't work for Tesco or Sainsbury on line shopping, and having German designer made it hard for him to suggest a solution. That was a year ago - so maybe it has been updated.

Reaction score
I've been using Mozilla with great results - using it right now in fact. I also have Icab and use it for stuff that mozilla has issue with as it is no longer supported but for most apps, mozilla is a bit quicker and is more comfortable and intuitive for myself. Check em both out and see which you prefer.

IE5 & nutscrape are worthless for surfing or anything web related IME. Best of luck to you :)

Ask a Question