Web browser

Reaction score
Help! I suddenly lost my web browser window and my google search window at the top of my top sites (safari opening) screen. What happened? How do I get them back?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try Ctrl clicking or right clicking the top area of the web browser window and if "customise" is an option then you can use that to restore the defaults.

If you mean the Top Sites window that shows if you don't set another page as your Home Page, then we need more info as it sounds a bit odd .... my first advice would restore your Google bar and then just use it to go to any site you frequent and it should by the very nature of "Top Sites", be added back there ....

You can just drag a site's URL to the Top Sites icon in the Bookmarks Toolbar to add it there.

Reaction score
It's the actual web browser window that I'm missing--and the google search window that appears next to it. I guess I confused the issue by mentioning top sites. I just meant those two are missing from the screen entirely when you log on to Safari.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
That's great news, tamgronewold, we would like to know what it was that actually worked?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Don't worry about not knowing that tamgronewold, if you didn't know it comes under the "Customisation" category then it's easy to get confused.

And I'm forever finding out things I never knew possible.

FWIW, it's listed second in the View menu too.

I've been in your situation before and not known how to get those exact same windows back.

Ask a Question