Use automator to type in web browser?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to use automator to repeatedly type 1-3 specific 5 digit numbers into a webpage. That may sound sketchy; what I'm really trying to do is have automator type 3 CRN (course registration numbers) into my college registration webpage and submit it over and over again. Basically all my classes are full and the only way to get in is if someone drops the class. However, it really has to be luck of the draw if you get in as someone else almost immediately takes the seats and I can't keep refreshing the class schedules page all day long to see if someone drops and then rush over to the registration page to try and get the seat.

If I could get automator to submit the CRN's over and over again I would be able to get the seats as soon as they became available. Is it possible to do this with automator? If not is there another program I can use to do this on mac? If anyone is worried about policy violation, I checked with my counselor and he said there is no rule against this at my university although he did not know how to do it. This is a very important issue to me so if anyone can come up with a working solution I will gladly tip $5 to paypal for your time and effort. Thanks for reading.

Sam

Reaction score
Not really what Automator is good for, you would be better looking into AppleScript and Universal Access.

Ask a Question