WARNING! Your Flash Player may be out of date. Please update to Continue

Reaction score
adobe flash player update
i have had the same experience. It appears we are victims od adware when advertisers build in attachments to programmes we access on the net. This downloads apps which appear to be that which they are not i. e they imitate other websites. There is a little programme adware medic which will remove some if not all unwanted adware. My problem now is that I can go through all the motions of downloading Firewire from the adobe web site only for nothing to appear on my computer. Something has gone walkabout and I have to avoid giving the adware b888888tards an opportunity to get back in. I suspect that I may have to go to the far east in search of Java.

Reaction score
i have had the same experience. It appears we are victims od adware when advertisers build in attachments to programmes we access on the net. This downloads apps which appear to be that which they are not i. e they imitate other websites. There is a little programme adware medic which will remove some if not all unwanted adware. My problem now is that I can go through all the motions of downloading Firewire from the adobe web site only for nothing to appear on my computer. Something has gone walkabout and I have to avoid giving the adware b888888tards an opportunity to get back in. I suspect that I may have to go to the far east in search of Java.
Facinating! Having posted the above I decided I might post a picture of me. When the little black box with the picture space appeared it Warned Me the my version of Flash Player may be out of date.

Reaction score
On my MacBook Air the other day, I got a pop-up message about a new version of the Player being available, and that was after booting the machine up! I guess I have a setting somewhere that allows that. I did click on it and let it upgrade Flash Player, but I then subsequently downloaded the actual updater file from here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player

(Starting site is www.macupdate.com).

For my Mac Mini, I actually got the updater myself the previous day, from the site I mentioned. I check that site a couple of times a day, just to keep up on software updates. Glad I do, as I insist on being up to date!

Ask a Question