Odd Mac Mail Warning Message

Reaction score
Hello,

Over the last few days, I've been getting the warning message attached, when I empty my junk mail folder.
Any ideas why and how I stop it?

Thank you.
Damon

(I'm using a MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012 / 2.6 GHz Intel i7 / OS 10.13.3)

Attachments

• Mac Mail Problem.png
    Mac Mail Problem.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 297

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What happens if you go to your Junk Mail folder & right-click this email & select "Delete"?

If that fails then quit Mail then relaunch it then try to first delete the individual email then to empty the junk mail folder.

Reaction score
What happens if you go to your Junk Mail folder & right-click this email & select "Delete"?

If that fails then quit Mail then relaunch it then try to first delete the individual email then to empty the junk mail folder.

Just out of curiosity, does that permanently remove such deleted EMails? Such an action is similar in Outlook 2016, and from what I have read, that action does get rid of such EMails permanently.

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. Deleting emails from my junk folder is when I get the error message. But it seems to be an intermittent problem - I just did as you suggested for example and, so far, the emails in the junk folder have remained deleted. And I've received no error message. I guess it's hard to effectively troubleshoot a problem if it's not possible to replicate it consistently.

Reaction score
When the problem is present and I receive the error message, the deleted emails return.

Ask a Question