Photoshop 6 Oddity...

Reaction score
Over the past few months I have been having something VERY strange happen with Photoshop (Mac, v13.0.4 x64). It appears as though it is frozen but, in actuality, if I wait a while (sometimes up to a minute) it makes things accessible again - even though it isn't doing anything that I am aware of in the background. I figured out that if I click out of Photoshop and onto an Illustrator file, and then back again to the Photoshop file, it "unfreezes" the program right away. I have tried closing and reopening Photoshop, and even reinstalling it, but the problem persists. This only happens in Photoshop. Any ideas?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly I would run disk utility and relier permissions first.

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I have run Disk Utility and it didn't indicate that there were any permissions problems, or problems of any kind. I have always stopped short of reinstalling the OS, but I have a feeling that's going to have to be the next step...

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi,

Another option could be to remove photoshop then reinstall from a Time Machine backup. As you say this has been happening for a few months go back to a backup prior to that.

Although a new clean OS X install is never a bad thing.

Ask a Question