vlc/quicktime player freezes

Reaction score
hi everyone. im not sure what catagory this should be in so im just gonna stick it in intros and hope someone texts me back. I have a mac OSX Version 10.6.8. A couple of weeks ago i downloaded game emulators sixtyforce(N64) and snes9x(snes). i also downloaded a PCSX bundle so i could use my ps3 controller. Since then my VLC player keeps freezing. It plays fine, but every few minutes it completely freezes and no matter what you press it stays stuck, even when i try forwarding/rewinding. After a minute or so it starts up again. I checked for updates, updated it to the latest version and still the same problem. So i decided to just play through the quicktime player, but still have the same problem! Is it likely that ive downloaded a virus? if so, how could i go about fixing it?
Thanks
Dan

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
To begin, I would uninstall those emulators and the PCSX bundle and then restart your Mac and test VLC & QT to see if they are still playing up.

Ask a Question