Help! Vlc player

Reaction score
just bought a new iMac and I normally use a pc with dvd drive and Vlc to review video files...

As the iMac has no drive I bought a SuperDrive but Vlc keeps crashing out
The SuperDrive controller is not responsive enough (I look at 1 second increments)

Any suggestions on what program to look at?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
When you place a DVD and/or a CD in the drive, does it show up on the desktop? Not sure also if there is some driver "issues" or not. Myself, back a couple of years ago, I removed the Sony DVD drive that was inside my old Mac Pro, placed inside an external case, and attached it to my Mac Mini. The drive works "OK", as sometimes it does not "see" some DVDs. And, I use VLC with the drive.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If you are simply playing DVD movies, use the built-in DVD Player app that comes standard on all Macs, and leave VLC for stand-alone video files, including WMV. If you are having trouble with data DVDs that contain various video files, make sure you have the latest 64-bit version. You can also let us know what file types are giving you trouble.

C

Ask a Question