Using Automator to take full length screen captures of multiple web pages

Reaction score
I want to be able to take full length screen grabs of a few different web sites at a certain time. Has anyone had any success writing an Applescript that triggers any of the browser plugins that take full length screenshots (fireshot, screengrab, etc)?

I've been most successful by running an Applescript from Automator that triggers Paparazzi! to take the screen grabs. The only problem is that Paparazzi! takes only the width of the main content container of the site, and so things like ads or other elements that extend beyond the standard width of the page get trimmed off (they're placed as background images).

What I want to do is:

- create and Automator workflow set to an iCal event that triggers at, say, 12am every night.
- the workflow will open the urls, take a full length screen grab, and save it to a given folder following a particular naming convention (name, date, time, extension).
- the screens will ideally be done through a browser so they can be wide enough to capture any important bg elements. (For example: site width is 960px, but there's an ad displaying above and to the sides of the site that is a width of 1300px.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Ask a Question