URGENT!! Word:Mac doc---> PC

Reaction score
i got an ibook g4 and i just finished up a huge doc. a book filled with linked xcel spreadsheets, textboxes, borders, different fonts, images, what have you. and i need to give it to someone that has a PC.

so when we look at the doc on the pc, it's completely disastrous!!!! the formatting is all wrong, the fonts have changed, there is this crazy grey highlighting over almost all the text, the images have vanished, some pages are just completely blank. it's terrible!!!

my question is how can i fix this. what can i do to make it look somewhat similar on a mac?
and if you don't know the answer to that, then how AT LEAST can i get comments to print on the document where they were placed instead of at the very end of the document?

I need this information IMMEDIATELY or my boss will kill me. I'll send you candy if you help me out!! THANKSSSS

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Can you save the word doc as a .pdf file, this will then retain all the formatting.

What version of Word have you got on the Mac and what version is it going to, on the PC ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
thanks!!! i have office x and as for the pc it's word 2003. eek! but the adobe idea sounds promising. the reason i can't print it from the mac right now is that the comments won't appear in themargins. that's what my bosswants. i guess it will only do that on a pc version of word...

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I haven't got Word on my Mac...

I would say it's more of a version compatiblilty problem rather then a Mac-->PC problem.

The best way of doing this would be to print--export as a PDF then you could give that to your boss.

Can you alter the page size, so that when you 'print' to pdf the notes in the margin show up ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you save as windows friendly? (as in "Microsoft Word Document") or are you saving as MS-DOS/RTF etc?

Ask a Question