URGENT Upload changes on my FirefoxFTP website

Reaction score
After my mac fell down on the floor, all the things that had been downloaded from internet disappeared. Since I am desperate to change my web-site before important contacts watch it tomorrow, I have sat all night trying to change it.
I have managed to download new Firefox and FTP, but when I put my website-name in the host-box (I think it´s called) it says that I cannot use that name because it is taken. YES, IT IS TAKEN BY ME! Don´t I have access to my own web-site anylonger?

Information I do not know if is necessary to anwer my question:
My mac is an OS X 10.6.7
Firefox is version 8.0

I hope someone can help me. (Please explain like you do to very stupid kids, the exact name on the buttons and stuff, because I just have huge problems in this tecnical world)

Reaction score
After my mac fell down on the floor, all the things that had been downloaded from internet disappeared.
Nothing just disappears from a Mac, do you mean the Downloads Folder shortcut icon was removed from your Dock?

What are you trying to do? Visit your Web Site? Open Safari and Type the full URL into the Address area. If it finds it then you know you are on the Internet, if it doesn't find it, enter another URL and see if that loads.

Reaction score
Nothing just disappears from a Mac, do you mean the Downloads Folder shortcut icon was removed from your Dock?

No: When I got it repaired, they put a new harddisc in, so my Photoshop and other Adobe- programs were not there anylonger. OTher things that disappreared were programs that make me able to listen to radio, and program that makes me able to change a document to PDF-format.

What are you trying to do?
I am trying to reload my website because it is outdated. But when I try to reload it, FirefoxFTP doesn´t understand that I am the authorized person to change my site. FirefoxFTP tells me to make a new name on the website because the name I am using already exists.
It´s complicated, do I manage to make myself clear both in english AND in computer-language?
Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.
Anne

Reaction score
they put a new harddisc in, so my Photoshop and other Adobe- programs were not there anylonger
Ok, so the Apps you have missing may have been un-recoverable. Often when a Harddrive crashes it is not possible to recover all the information from it. There is no replacement for a full backup, I recommend a TimeCapsule and Time Machine.
To fix this there is no other way than to track down where you got those Apps from and reinstall them.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about FirefoxFTP, I use Transmit, but if your websites FTP access is not working with FirefoxFTP, try one of the other FTP clients, or contact your website admin and confirm the settings haven't changed. Normally a FTP client just reports the results it gets from the FTP server, and does't store authorisation information (FirefoxFTP may), but again try a different client and see if the problem persists.

Note: srry for the delay on this, threads sink quickly sometimes and I missed your post, not sure what the problem was with your web search. My wife and I do have an Apple Education Reseller business but I only have that linked here via my web-page link and it has no affiliation with mac-help.com.

Ask a Question