Upgrade Mac OS to Comply With Google?

Reaction score
I have a Macbook pro early 2015 and am currently running MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. For the last couple months I get a message every time I open Google saying I need to update my OS in order for google to continue working properly. I believe I can upgrade to Catalina or Monterey. I really only want to upgrade to be in compliance with Google. Everything is running smoothly now, and I'm concerned if I update my OS, I will get an error message from Apple saying my Macbook Pro is not compatible. I have a small 120 gig hard drive with 25 gigs free and I have only 8 RAM. My past experience with Apple has been they keep telling you to upgrade until the only solution is to buy a new Mac! Any advice greatly appreciated,
Oski

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Is it a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)? If so, it will run up to macOS 12.7.1 Monterey. macOS High Sierra doesn't support the latest version of Google Chrome, but macOS 10.15 Catalina and later do.

So, you can upgrade macOS to a later version to maintain compatibility.

C

Ask a Question