SOLVED Updated as requested by Mac, now in disarray

Reaction score
Mac Air, Mohave. Reminded to update. Did so. Now cannot find Google mail, rather just Mail, not keen on the layout. In addition, the Google site I had on the Dock. Like it there. Now I have to hunt all over for it, and find it more by luck than judgement.

Also, how to remove the red dot on the settings icon on the dock. I have no intention of downloading Catalina, no requirement. The red dot is driving me crazy!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which model MacBook Air?
-Which version of OS X/macOS were you on before upgrading to Mojave?
-You Gmail account isn't in the Mail app after the upgrade?
-There isn't any easy way to disable the red notification badge on the System Preferences icon in the Dock. The easiest thing to do is to simply remove it from the Dock and access it via the  menu.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which model MacBook Air?
-Which version of OS X/macOS were you on before upgrading to Mojave?
-You Gmail account isn't in the Mail app after the upgrade?
-There isn't any easy way to disable the red notification badge on the System Preferences icon in the Dock. The easiest thing to do is to simply remove it from the Dock and access it via the  menu.

C
Thanks Cory. This model is mid 2012 - 5,2 10.14.6 haven't changed computer, just tried to ensure security and other stuff was up to date. Always had Mohave. The email application is Mail, not Gmail - don't like the way views.
Have tried to disable red notification by removing it from the dock, damned thing returns every new start up - if we had guns in UK, I'd get a 12 bore to it...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

-You can change the view in the Mail application: Read emails in Mail on Mac and Change Viewing preferences in Mail on Mac
-Note there is a disclosure triangle next to Inbox in the left pane if you have multiple email accounts setup. You can click it to see the individual account inboxes.
-System Preferences should automatically re-add itself to the Dock between restarts. Maybe it is set to launch at startup? Check in  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > click your user > Login Items. Delete System Preferences if it is there.
-What do you mean by "In addition, the Google site I had on the Dock. Like it there. Now I have to hunt all over for it, and find it more by luck than judgement."?

C

Ask a Question