Unable to Enter Group in "To:" field of email

Reaction score
OSX ML 10.8.5. I recently created a small group in Contacts called "Small Group". When I go to create an email, and start to type "Sm" in the "To:" field, a drop-down menu appears with the names of all contacts that start with "Sm", which of course includes my newly-create3d small group. However, when I select the small group, nothing appears in the "To:" field. I'm puzzled by this behavior. What am I doing wrong?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...OK.

-Is the group you created listed under On My Mac, iCloud, Smart Groups in the groups list?
-What kind of email address - Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, etc?

C

Reaction score
I finally figured out how to do this. I originally thought that I could create a group, and then manually enter the email addresses that I wanted to be in the group. I guess I expected a list menu to pop up where I could enter email addresses, but it doesn't work that way. The way I got it to work was to first enter into Contacts all the individual email addresses I wanted to be in the group, then create the group within Contacts, and then finally select the email contacts from within Contacts that I wanted to be in the group.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent...glad you got it resolved.

Thanks for posting the solution so that others may benefit.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question