Trying to Zip PDF files to make smaller

Reaction score
Hi with my OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.1 I am trying to zip files down to a manageable size for others to download on the net when they buy my pattern and design.
I have 3 files: General Instructions 2.2 mb, Pattern 1.2 mb and Pattern Instructions 9.2 mb
I would like to get them all to a reasonable size so people do not have trouble downloading them on a PC or a Mac
Any help out there?

Reaction score
I notice when I use the Zip format on the IMac they drop to: Pattern 812 KB and Pattern Instructions 9.1 MB. That is not much of a drop. Is there a better way?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since PDFs compress their contents already, similar to graphics and media files, you won't be able to reduce their file size too much. To really reduce their size, you would need to use an app like Adobe Acrobat Pro to optimize their size.

You may want to use a service like Google Drive or Dropbox to distribute them to your customers. Most people have fast enough Internet service these days to quickly download them from cloud-based services. Even the largest 9.2MB file should download in a second or two.

C

Ask a Question