Trying to run a .bat for a Jedi Academy mod

Reaction score
Hi, i'm trying to run this mac version of a mod for the Star Wars game Jedi Academy:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-movie-duels/downloads/star-wars-movie-duels-2-mac-full

I've followed the instructions in that link but i cant get the .bat file to run, i know the mod is a real mod and not a scam like other mods for this game as i've played the pc version of it at a friends house and its a really good mod. But i was starting to wonder if it was even possible to run this .bat file without the use of some other app out there on the web.

I know of a similar mod for the same game called movie battles which mac users had problem running and they released a launcher for the game which worked great.
There is no such launcher for this mod but i was wondering if there might be an app that launches .bat files for the mac.

Either way i would like to get this mod working but don't really have much experience with mod's on the mac or .bat files so any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
the Mac doesn't run .bat
you need to drop it onto TextEdit and read each step, understand what its trying to do then manually do that on the Mac.

Reaction score
hey, thanks for the fast reply, i've opened it up in text edit and all it says is this: .\jasp +set fs_game MD2.

Which doesn't mean alot to me, but will this file defiantly run if i do what you say? I'm not really sure how to manually run this file in the first place.

Reaction score
the Mac doesn't run .bat
This seems to be telling jasp to set the fs_game to MD2.
Is there another way to tell jasp to do this.
Have you tried just putting the all the other files where they said and launching the game.

I've looked around online and can't see where anyone has got this working. While it says MAC in the download title, over in the Profile it says Platform Windows.

You could try launching the Game with the Option Key Down and see if that gives you access to more settings.

Reaction score
Just found this
I recently downloaded several Jedi Academy mods, installed them on a PC, and copied the files over to my Mac, but they aren't showing up in the Mods menu.

What do I need to do?

You need to read the "Readme" where it explains in detail how to install PC mods.

Reaction score
well first of all holding down the option key only gave me options to calibrate joysticks, whilst the readme file contains the exact text in that link, detailing the updates to the game and the same 3 steps for installing the mod.

The other thing that confused me was that the instructions tell you to move all the files into the 'gamedata' folder which doesn't exist, i've tried making one and moving all the files there and i've also tried moving the files into the base folder, which is what most other mods for this game require the files to be moved to.

I did see that it only has the windows platform in the description, but i went to the creators website (wector) and he claimed there that he had made a version for the mac which i was encouraged by when looking here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-movie-duels seeing as the two different versions are shown there seperatly.

The only other thing i could think of would be to download the windows version and try to use the .exe installer through wine but im thinking that probably wouldn't work seeing as my installed game is the mac version installed from the disc.

This seems to be telling jasp to set the fs_game to MD2.

Im also not sure how to do that.

Reaction score
Yes the instructions are crazy.
There is 2 spellings of the GameData Folder and normally these folders must be spelt exactly.

And LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\Game data means you have a LucasArts Folder at the root of the Harddrive, I hope not, but who knows?

And running a .bat file which just doesn't work on the Mac. So whoever wrote those is not testing it on a Mac.

I don't think the Mod Files themselves that are the problem, its getting the Game to load the Mod files. Thats what that .bat file is telling the Windows version to do, set the game to MD2, but how to tell the Mac version to do that???

I'm sorry I just don't have the game and not sure what more I can suggest, if the Mod maker can't give correct instructions and you've tried everything else there isn't much more we can do.

Reaction score
Oh well, thanks very much for you're help it also seems that the mod developers forum is dead and that he's stopped working on the mods so it doesn't seem that i'll be able to get in touch with him. I guess this is one of the things i'll have to do when i get windows on boot camp:(

Ask a Question