Trying to revert to older version of OSX

Reaction score
Hey all, I am in a bit of a bind.

I am trying to install Final Cut Studio 5.1, after I made the mistake of updating to OSX Yosemite. Can I get back to a previous OSX very easily? My Macbook Pro is from 2009, and I almost wiped it, but i saw on a youtube tutorial a guy wipe it, but still rebooted with Yosemite. I do not want Yosemite. I don't even want maverick. I am hoping to get to the factory reset, which came with snow leopard or lion or something. Please help.

Reaction score
Did you get the original version? If you have an Intel Mac it wont run anyway, it requires a PPC Mac.
What are the specs for your Mac?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If your MacBook Pro is a Mid 2009 model, then it shipped with Leopard or Snow Leopard, depending on when it was purchased. It would have come with grey install discs, which you would use to boot from and install Mac OS X with.

Final Cut Studio 5.1 actually was a Universal Binary, which ran on PPC or Intel Macs: Final Cut Studio 5.1 (Universal) - Technical Specifications.

Here is a PDF of the install instructions (particularly page 4): Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Installation and Setup Guide.

Let us know how it goes.

C

Reaction score
I just read this, I have been at work all day, thank you for the help.

The specs for this mac are:

Macbook Pro 13 inch, Mid 2009
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

I have had the program running on this Mac before, not too long ago, But I updated to Mavericks and it became incompatible. So i updated to Yosemite, to use Final Cut X, But not only do I not have time to learn final Cut X at the moment, I'm in a time crunch, IPhoto changed into Photos, and I was Using iPhoto to export quicktime slideshows. I don't see that as an option with Photos, the quicktime conversion that is.

So I just want my old OS back, so I can knock out this project, the way I know how. I really appreciate the help so far, Cory, I am going look int your link, But I DO NOT have startup discs.

Ask a Question