Trying to password protect our wifi

Reaction score
Hi, i am sorry, i doubt this is in the correct forum. we have an older Macbook Pro and are trying to get our wifi password protected through our Linksys router. we cant get past the security portion of the set up where it says "security mode" "disabled" we want to choose "WPA personal" and it is there in the scroll down but when we choose it, it pops right back to "disabled" anyway here is a screenshot of where we get stuck. thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-05-30 08.09.58.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-30 08.09.58.png
    277.3 KB · Views: 387

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

So, you click on the drop-down, select WPA Personal, and it goes back to Disabled without allowing you to Save Settings, correct?

Have you tried using Safari instead of Firefox?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...this is a fairly common issue with that particular router model.

Many folks have had success using Internet Explorer, but that is not available for Mac. I would try Google Chrome next. If that doesn't work, then we may be able to fool it into thinking that Safari is Internet Explorer using the hidden Develop menu. Or, if you have access to a PC, you could try it that way.

C

Ask a Question