transfer data

Reaction score
I have an iMac, one of the first Intel iMacs.
Sadly it has died, I managed to remove the hard drive, placed it in a hard drive enclosure
Hooked it up to my new MacBook pro, so that I could recover the data stored in the old hard drive
My MacBook sees the hard drive, it even sees the user account folders, but not the pıctures or data held in them. I’m sure that I am doing something wrong so please can you help

Thanks in advance
Jim

Reaction score
Sounds like the death also crashed your drive, this can happen.

In the Users Folder there will be a Folder for each User and in there the standard Folder set.

If not then you canary a file recovery utility there a list of them here somewhere, we use Data Rescue .

Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply
I did try to copy the users folders but it showed up as empty
I then copied everything ı could see the progress window showed it was preparing to copy 50,000 items so I left it running over night only to find an error message
(sorry dont have the number) saying it couldnt copy file I clicked to continue... then nothing. I have left it running while Im at work, but I think you may be right and I will do the file recovery with data rescue I'll keep you informed
thanks
Jim

Ask a Question