Touch bar is too sensitive

Reaction score
I like to use my laptop, as its name indicates, by having it on my lap. I just bought the latest version.
But now this touch bar is bothering me a lot. While typing, too many times per minute, my hands accidentally touch the touch bar, very slightly. Immediately, my keys become inoperative, and I have to move the cursor to remove a window that I don’t want. Usually I have to retype a few words of my text, after first repositioning the cursor. This slows me down a lot, and it takes time to get accustomed to this. So I want to disable that bar when I type. The help files only tell me how to make the touch bar do something else, but that will not help me.
I find this touch bar not very useful anyway: when I view a youtube video or so, the sound is either too loud or it is absent, and too many key strokes, or touches, are needed to tame the volume properly.
Any advice? Do others have the same problem(s)?
Thanks, Gerard

Reaction score
So this is my problem. Normally, you first feel whether you have a good key underneath your fingers, and then you press the key. But the “touch bar keys” react immediately so if you don’t want that action, you can’t even touch them. Isn’t this a major design error? I have difficulties getting used to this. Do other users not complain about this?

Ask a Question