Toast won't quit

Reaction score
Toast is in the dock and will not quit. I have tried to force quit, but to no avail. A message appears that toast is being used. I went to terminal and tried to quit there. No luck. A message appears that my processes are not recognized. Do you have any suggestions. I am using a IMacG5 and running Tiger OSX 10.4.11

Reaction score
Have you also tried opening the Activity Monitor (inside Applications/Utilities) and force quit from that app? You can also see what else is probably not responding to the force quit command.

Reaction score
I got toast to quit by going into the terminal. I typed "top" and found the pid for the dock. I then typed "q" and "kill (dock-pid-number)". The dock disappeared but the computer would not restart after this as it still told me that toast was active and could not quit. I eventfully shut down the power and when I booted up again toast was gone. Everything seems fine now, however, I need to update toast.

Reaction score
I would also strongly suggest you boot up from the original installation disk and run Disk Utility. Do both repair permissions and verify disk to make sure everything is working well with your Mac.

Ask a Question