Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Upgrade Mac OS X (Panther)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • It was pre-installed !

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Ric

Reaction score
Yes, that's always been my route as well !

If anyone is going to do either an 'update' or 'archive and install', remember to back up everything just in case - and do a 'repair permissions first' this will probably help the install go a bit smoother...

Reaction score
I got my lovely looking mac in response to a trojan that wiped out my windows laptop....so, you could say, under duress :( ... but it is pretty ....and pretty useless in these untrained hands :eek:

So I am hoping that you Mac veterans will be able to answer all my silly questions with the utmost patience. :wink:

Ric

Reaction score
...try Carbon Copy Cloner or similar...

Get your System exactly how you like it...then clone it.

Then if it all goes pear shaped in the future...you can reclone and get back to exactly how you like it...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I got my iBook G4 installed with Panther with nothing else on and the CDs for Tiger came with it so I just put them in and Installed! I was playing on Marble Blast Gold for ages after that with no internet!:D

Reaction score
I have a question.

Will the Tiger install disks that come with new Macbooks work on an old iMac G5 as I'm STILL using Panther :D

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

No, the new MacBook's version of Tiger is model-specific. In addition, they are a special Universal Binary build.

C

Reaction score
Tiger was Pre-installed on my MacBook Pro and PowerBook G4. When leopard comes out, I will probably try an Archive and install to see what happens.

Ask a Question