Thunderbolt 3 to USB C hub

Reaction score
question for anyone: Hub to expand a thunderbolt 3 port to USB-C ports. OWC has a hub that could will connect to avthunderbolt 3 and provide three more thunderbolt 3 connections as well as USB type A for $138. If you connect a USB-C device to the thunderbolt 3 on the hub it will work but at 5 Gb/s,, yes? It says it will work with the 2020 iMac 27 inch. That way you can connect a few more fast SSDs or other devices and peripherals. This looks to be like the only thing that might work. There are a lot of thunderbolt 3 toUSB hubs, or USB-C to USB Type A hubs, but that is not what I want. You can connect a USB-C device to a thunderbolt 3 connection, yes? It will only have a speed of 5 GB per second instead of 40 GB per second, yes?

Reaction score
question for anyone: Hub to expand a thunderbolt 3 port to USB-C ports. OWC has a hub that could will connect to avthunderbolt 3 and provide three more thunderbolt 3 connections as well as USB type A for $138. If you connect a USB-C device to the thunderbolt 3 on the hub it will work but at 5 Gb/s,, yes? It says it will work with the 2020 iMac 27 inch. That way you can connect a few more fast SSDs or other devices and peripherals. This looks to be like the only thing that might work. There are a lot of thunderbolt 3 toUSB hubs, or USB-C to USB Type A hubs, but that is not what I want. You can connect a USB-C device to a thunderbolt 3 connection, yes? It will only have a speed of 5 GB per second instead of 40 GB per second, yes?
Here is a link to the hub I referred to -> < https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/TB4HUB5PU/ >

Reaction score
The thing I didn't look closely enough when I bought my M1 iMac, is whether my hub is powered or not. Some peripherals such as my iPad and iPhone want more power. I've had the following error a few times:
USB ACCESSORIES DISABLED Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices.

Ask a Question