Teach An Old Dog New Tricks ?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm located in the hill's of the North Coast NSW Australia. I started using Macs as a teacher when they were first introduced on the market but have only ever worked superficially with them. I've owned everything from the late 80's Mac Classic then the Bondi Blue "jelly bean" and after that came a G4 model that was a domed base with the screen on an articulated arm. Plenty of others have followed in our house.

I mainly use my Mac to compliment my interests in building and playing guitars.

I thought that now I'm retired I should maybe learn more about new software and capabilities of the operating systems.

Reaction score
Welcome, Andy54. You'll find a number of helpful folks here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

A couple of things can help:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. What third party (ie, non-Apple) programs do you use?

Tow things you should do frequent are 1) disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective, and 2) making backups to an external device. Those are so critical and especially backups.

IN any event, welcome!

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply lonestone.

We're running Yosemite 10.10.5 on both our MacBook Pro [ late 2011 ] and iMac [ late 2012 ]

We don't run any third party programs except for CleanMyMac which came recommended by a Mac "expert" ;)

Ask a Question