Talking to God?

Reaction score
I received an email purporting to be from Apple about my Apple ID being used to restore a device that wasn’t mine from my iCloud backups. There was a link to a website for me to verify my Apple ID. Since the email was from Apple <(e-mail address removed)> and the both the email and webpage had punctuation errors, I knew that this was a phishing scam.

[I put a picture of the website here, but I don't know where it went]

So I decided to inform Apple about it.

But I couldn’t find any way to send the information to them by email using their ‘Contact Us’ facility. So I phoned Tech Help, but their phone was broken - it cut off just as the mechanical woman was looking up my phone number. I tried another support number and the virtual receptionist put me through to Tech Support which this time knew who I was. But the options “she” offered me didn’t have path to “How do I send you an email?” and “she” wanted me to buy a certificate or guarantee for £25 before “she” would continue the dialog.

I wondered why Apple wouldn’t let me help them nip criminality in the bud, but on reflection realised that only their victims suffer from scammers; Apple don’t lose money by it, so don’t have to be bothered about it.

I’d be interested to know whether there is a way to send messages and documents to Apple.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 14.23.53.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 14.23.53.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 437
Reaction score
From a security standpoint I would hazard a guess that Apple doesn't take links or documents for that very reason. I'm only guessing they don't want to be scam themselves. A lot of hacks are done by social engineering, I once seen an interview with Kevin Mitnick (a famous computer hacker) and he said a lot of his hacks were social engineered (letting a person on the other end of the phone or computer get duped).

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I am glad you realized it was a scam before participating.

It's not that Apple doesn't care, it's just that they would receive literally hundreds of thousands of these reports a week, and it doesn't justify the business expenditure for the staffing to support that.

C

Reaction score
Apologies, as this is wildly off-topic (which would technically make it on topic in this forum) but should anyone wish to get in an online chat with the real God here's his website.

http://chatwithigod.com/

You can ask God questions and he will answer all day long. Pretty entertaining. (BTW, this is not really a religious thing, but a nerd thing.)

Bob has already met some of Apple's robot slaves on the phone, and what the technology above suggests is that such robots are going to become ever more life-like until sooner or later they can not be distinguished from humans.

As example, I predict that future forums will be populated with software entities which will offer a range of conversation options few collections of humans can match.

We return now to our regularly scheduled program.

Reaction score
I think the real reason is they don't care! they are not interested in what the customers think or want, demise of Mac Book Pro 17" or reducing sockets
accross the range, even the poor old headphone socket on iphone 7, i no i no there's an sdapter! but after paying £700 plus why the hell sould i buy an adapter.
Truth is fashion has taken over function, the day Apple became 'cool' was a sad one. They are above contact and you will be hearded in to one of the shops
to be 'filthed' yet again.................

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's why it is so, so critical to become well informed about stuff, whether it's Macs, iPhones, automobiles, lotteries, etc., etc.

Reaction score
I think the real reason is they don't care! they are not interested in what the customers think or want, demise of Mac Book Pro 17" or reducing sockets
accross the range, even the poor old headphone socket on iphone 7, i no i no there's an sdapter! but after paying £700 plus why the hell sould i buy an adapter.
Truth is fashion has taken over function, the day Apple became 'cool' was a sad one. They are above contact and you will be hearded in to one of the shops
to be 'filthed' yet again.................

As usual, it's all about money! And, as was evident in another forum, there are just some folks who are part of the "a sucker being born every day" crowd!

Ask a Question