God please help me get thru this last Premiere Pro CS3 project...

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using premiere since day 1, and 50% of the time it works, 50% of the time it does not, and that's over a decade using it on different OS's and machines. Each time premiere fails in the middle of a project, I vow to switch to FCP which I have (but not expert with), and each time I start a new video project I forget my vows. Well, this is it. I swear if I can just get thru this big project I will never use PPRO again...here is the current crisis:

Premiere wont start. It started fine two weeks ago. Changes to my machine have been the 10.5.3 update and some Adobe CS3 ones since it was known to work, but I dont keep track of all the changes to my machine, I let TM do that. UPDATE: it seems that the one update that test user below does not have is an update to Adobe Extended Toolkit, but besides that the systems are = in the eyes of CS3.

Premiere will start using a test user. Premiere will not start in OSX in safe mode, regardless of user...although test user it gets further - opens a project and then crashes. Premiere in my default user just dies right after the Adobe splash screen. I have tried deleting the prefs dir as described in the useless Adobe KB, no luck there. In fact I have tried everything in the KB but complete reinstall of CS3 master suite, as I can't do on the road. But since it will open the needed project in another user (test) there must be some way to repair the installation in the default user where all my settings and other stuff is.

Any ideas on how I can get thru this? thx...

Ask a Question