System Information as pdf

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a way to export the entire system report to a pdf in one go so that it can be read on a non-mac system? We are trying to "audit" our macs, but we want to be able to view and manage the files from windows PCs which are used by the admins. Currently I can only seem to export/print one page at a time.

I go into "about this mac", then click "System Report".
The save option only offers to save as an XML type file, which is a nightmare to try to glean any information from when reading from a text viewer. I cannot find any apps that can view this in a more formatted manner on a PC, and cannot find any app I can import it into that can view it any cleaner. So I tried printing to PDF. Only when I try to do so, it literally only offers me the option to print one page of the system report at a time. Is there any way to print the entire report to pdf in one go?
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Also, doesn't have to be pdf.... any other options to export to a file type that can be easily read and searched would be fine

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What type of audit are you trying to do? Inventory, hardware database, application/software database, etc.?
Do you have any form of Mobile Device Management (MDM) system?

One way would be to use the application called EtreCheck, as it can generate system reports that can be saved as a PDF.

C

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your reply. We are just a small company with mostly PCs, but have about 5 macs too. We are just trying to audit the software mainly, but also basic hardware details so we have a better record of the basic specs of our assets.

Our users are all home based, so we need to keep it as simple as possible. Something that the users can run themselves. We can't really afford a corporate style management solution (which would just be overkill for what we need anyway.) We would prefer not to have to use any third party software at all if possible, and if possible would rather try to extract what we need from the built in report.

I have found that the Mac system report contains all the data we need, but I cannot export it in a format that can easily be read on PC.

But thanks for suggesting EtreCheck. We will definitely check it out and may consider resorting to this if we cannot find a solution to using system report.

Ask a Question