Syntax does not work

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope somebody can help me further!! I have a problem since yesterday with a syntax that does not work. I will describe you my problem.

I have a definition bar (NSView (name=box#)) which contains different objects (2 NSPopUpButtons and 1 NSTextField). This definition bar is a component of the NSTabViewItem (name=bletab_delete) which is in turn a component of the NSTabView (name=bletab). Now, when I address one of these objects (here PopUpButton) inside the NSView I use the following syntax e.g.:

set showProperty to title of popup button "Property" of view "box1" of tab view item "bletab_delete" of tab view "bletab" of window "main"

When I run the code, the following error message appears. I know it's not so much information:

NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)

The problem seems to be the addressing of the view "box1". I can address PopUpButtons in NSTabView's without problems as long as their aren't part of a NSView (box#). Concurrently I can address NSView's which aren't a component (inside of) of a NSTabView.

If you see the error, please write me$

Thanks

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

sorry missed this one !

How have you got on ? Have you had any joy yet ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question