SOLVED Support for G-Force

Reaction score
As a surviving child of the Sixties, and for a very long time, I’ve very much enjoyed the captivating display generated by the G-Force music visualizer from SoundSpectrum combined with iTunes, now Music, on my mac. Until recently, that is, when it just seemed to disappear. When I downloaded a trial version from the publisher to try to reinstall, I found the following:

macOS Mojave and Catalina Issues

1) As of macOS 10.14 Mojave, screen savers no longer have access to the computer's microphone. As a result, the G-Force screen saver can only offer randomly generated faux audio data.

2) As of macOS 10.15 Catalina, Apple has transitioned iTunes to Music.app. Sadly, Apple has yet to offer support for 3rd-party visualizers available similar to iTunes. If support for this matters to you, please submit an Apple feedback report and request 3rd-party visualizer support in macOS Music.

Since I am running macOS Monterey version 12.6.1, I am unable to reinstall the G-Force application. I really miss the mental and spiritual health benefits of the G-Force/Music therapy and the puny visualizer provided by Apple just doesn’t get there. Has anyone found a way to continue using G-Force short of reverting to an obsolete version of macOS?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

There's a blast from the past! I loved G-Force and WhiteCap back in the day. They haven't worked for several versions of macOS, and I had forgotten about them until your post. I doubt there is any way to get it to work, since they haven't updated it for years.

You could reach out to SoundSpectrum Support to see if they have any plans to update them for modern macOS versions.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

There's a blast from the past! I loved G-Force and WhiteCap back in the day. They haven't worked for several versions of macOS, and I had forgotten about them until your post. I doubt there is any way to get it to work, since they haven't updated it for years.

You could reach out to SoundSpectrum Support to see if they have any plans to update them for modern macOS versions.

C
Cory: Thanks - mebbe I'll do that.

Reaction score
Well I’ll be …

The solution is simply to ignore the Installer app’s dire warnings from Apple about the software and just go ahead and install it. Which is what I did. And it installed just fine. And I just finished oozing through a G-Force rendition of Eric Burdon and the Animals doing The House of The Rising Sun. Far F+++++g Out as we used to say.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
HA!

I thought I remembered that it wouldn't work at all in Sierra or so...maybe I will have to try it again!

Glad it's working for you.

C

Reaction score
HA!

I thought I remembered that it wouldn't work at all in Sierra or so...maybe I will have to try it again!

Glad it's working for you.

C
Cory: What's weird is that it was running for me on Monterey until just a week ago or so. Then it just disappeared! Couldn't find a trace of it anywhere on my system. Anyway ... all's well and so on. I really missed it but my cat was devastated. He's happily curled in front of the monitor now waiting for me to turn it back on. Try it again - seems to get better the longer I live.

Ask a Question