Startup not working Mac OSX 10.6.4

Reaction score
Hey, im having trouble starting up my mac when i boot it up it gets to the Apple Logo and the whirly loading circle and then after a few minutes it just stops loading and freezes, but i can still heal the processor working.

About my Mac:
Imac about 2 years old, recently upgraded to 10.6.3 from leopard, and then downloaded the update to .4. My mac was recently fixed at an official apple store due to display issues as when i tried to boot up the screen wouldn't work, the mother board and almost all hardware was replaced at the store and when i got my mac back it was working fine.

When this issue started it was after me force shutting down my computer 3 times after the computer freezing after me opening the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]game [COLOR=blue ! important]World[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Of Warcraft, this game was working fine before i updated to .4

Side Notes:
I am able to boot into my winxp partition but the Nvidia geforce 8800 gs card doesn't seem to be working.

Things I've Tried:
Booting from disc - not working, gives me the kernal panic error
Safe mode boot - the bar gets around half way and stops, then the same thing happens as when i normally boot into osx
Fsck -fy - seems to do nothing except after 2 tries it says the "Ok"
resetting PRAM - not doing anything either

Not sure what else I should say. Any help appreciated, and ive already booked a appointment to visit the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]apple [COLOR=blue ! important]store[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] with my mac in a few days.

Thanks!

Ask a Question