Start Up issues with MacBook Pro

Kaz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having some issues with starting up my MacBook, initially I was getting a grey screen (after the regular start chime & apple icon) but now after trying the following troubleshooting attempts 1) starting in safe mode 2) resetting the NVRAM & PRAM I am getting a flashing blue screen and a pinwheel.
From what I have read I believe the issue may be caused by my start up disk being full and I haven't backed up my Mac in sometime :( so I'm in desperate need of some tech support please! TIA

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Yes a full HD can cause many issues, try starting from your install disk then if all goes well defiantly run TM, then remove any none important files and programs that you do not use.

What size is your HD?
How much free space do you have?
What year and model MBP?

You may also be looking at a HD failure :(

Kaz

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Yes a full HD can cause many issues, try starting from your install disk then if all goes well defiantly run TM, then remove any none important files and programs that you do not use.

What size is your HD?
How much free space do you have?
What year and model MBP?

You may also be looking at a HD failure :(

Hi!
I have a MBP 8,2 early 2011 model. HD is 4GB and it says I have 181GB avail (after a mass culling yesterday afternoon when I finally managed to turn it on!).
Plan is to buy an external HD and run TM ASAP. Is it best to get a powered HD, and what size should I get for TM use only? Thanks for your help! :)

Reaction score
Hi,

HD is 4GB and it says I have 181GB avail

Did you mean Ram is 4GB or HD is 400 GB?
If you have 181GB free then that is fine re overfull issues.
External HD`s are very cheap now, and if you are only going to use for TM then a 500 GB - 1 TB would be fine,;) as when full which will take a long time TM automatically deletes the oldest backup to make way for new ones.
Personally I would not but a powdered one just a standard USB connected one.

Ask a Question