Sonic Firewall

Reaction score
Does anyone understand the relationship between Apple and Sonic Firewall/Sanctify LLC? Yesterday I had a network security breach of my firewall, apparently, and my system was locked by the Apple Security system. For a price, they searched for trojan spyware and cleaned up my MacBook Air, but strongly suggested I needed to purchase the firewall security software from Sonic Firewall/Sanctify LLC -- and I was transferred to their marketing folks -- at an exorbitant price -- which I did since I don't know enough to do otherwise. However, it seemed like strange bedfellows to me.

Reaction score
I agree with Cory here. This was a total scam. There is no such thing as an Apple Security System that locks your Mac.

If you had given them your admin password to remove the trojan, then they now also have access to all of your password that are stored in your keychain. You need to immediately change your password and notify all of your financial institutions.

I had this happen to several clients over the past few months and one of them lost over $20,000 that they were not able to recover.

The sad thing is that when this happens is if you have any form of identity protection, there is a clause in all of them that states that if a loss is due to you giving someone access to your computer then the loss is not covered.

Ask a Question