sonicstage

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new at the forum, so hi!

Ok so this is my question:
I have a Macbook and I also have a Sony Bean. Unfortunately files can only be transfered to the bean using the Sonicstage program and Sonicstage only works on PCs.
frown.gif

So my question is, Is there another program that runs on macs that will allow me to manage the files on my Sony Bean??
confused.gif

Any info and suggestions will be most helpful and appreciated
smile.gif

Reaction score
Hi saturndrop, and welcome :)

If you plug the Sony bean into the Mac, does it come up as an external drive? (theoretically it should do) If so, is it possible to drag and drop files that way?

If not, then it looks like you will only be able to use it on a Windows Machine - unfortunately, so here are a couple of suggestions for you:

You could always intall windows on the Macbook but it is a lot of trouble to go to if you are only using windows for that purpose.

You could contact Sony and ask them if there is any alternative software you can us for the Mac to help you connect the Sony.

You could sell the bean and invest in an ipod shuffle (as I am assuming you like the bean for size too) ;)

Reaction score
I just looked at the bean on Sony's website and it says right on the box, "Will not work with Mac." But I would still try what Kyomii says. Plug the Bean into your computer and see if it pops up on your Desktop.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Yes when I plug in the bean it shoes up as an external drive, but the two folders in the drive have files ending ".DAT" and ".OMA" so even though I drag an mp3 file into the folders they will not play in the mp3. :(

any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Then I am afraid there is nothing you can do really apart from the suggestions I posted earlier.

Reaction score
Kyomii is correct. I'm afraid the only 2 solutions for you would be to:

A. Using Boot Camp or Parallels, install Windows on your Mac. But I would NOT recommend this because you would most likely only use windows for your Bean. If this is something you wish to consider, let us know and we can help you out. Boot Camp is free from Apple, but you have to go out and buy your own Windows Operating System Disk which can cost $200 US. Parallels costs $80 US plus you still have to buy the Windows OS Disk. For the price of Parallels, you can have an iPod Shuffle.

B. Invest in an iPod Shuffle. The iPod Shuffle can hold 1 GB of music and costs $80 US. That is guaranteed to work with your Mac.

I am sorry that I bare the bad news. I have looked all over the net and exhausted all of my resources trying to find a solution for you. Unfortunately, nothing came up. These are my suggestions. Again, sorry that your Bean won't work.

Cheerio
Searay