Some Cookies Won't Delete

Reaction score
Greetings; new member old Yooper geezer here....
When I delete all cookies I have 8, was 7, that stick that I don't want or need. Several I've never used knowingly. How do I override and get rid of em?

macOS Sierra
version 10.12.5
MacBook Pro retina 15"

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I assume you mean Safari 10.1.2 cookies? If the Remove and/or Remove All commands don't work on some, feel free to list them here, and we'll let you know which are safe to leave and which can be deleted manually.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I assume you mean Safari 10.1.2 cookies? If the Remove and/or Remove All commands don't work on some, feel free to list them here, and we'll let you know which are safe to leave and which can be deleted manually.

C
It says 10.1.1
I don't want to leave any of em, safe or not. I tried deleting individually previously and it didn't work either.

cheaperthandirt.com
datausa.io
great call.com
leupold.com
mac-help.com
natchezss.com
rei.com
walgreens.com
bass pro.com

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You should be able to update Safari to 10.1.2 using App Store > Updates.

You could try Safari > Clear History... > Clear: all history. NOTE: This will also delete your history on all devices that are signed into your iCloud account. I could also delete some saved passwords, causing you to have to login to sites the next time you visit them.

Safari for Mac: Manage cookies and website data using Safari
Safari for Mac: Ask websites not to track you in Safari
Safari for Mac: Use Private Browsing windows in Safari

C

Reaction score
You should be able to update Safari to 10.1.2 using App Store > Updates.

You could try Safari > Clear History... > Clear: all history. NOTE: This will also delete your history on all devices that are signed into your iCloud account. I could also delete some saved passwords, causing you to have to login to sites the next time you visit them.

Safari for Mac: Manage cookies and website data using Safari
Safari for Mac: Ask websites not to track you in Safari
Safari for Mac: Use Private Browsing windows in Safari

C
Been busy busy.
What will 10.1.2 do for me?
Not signed into Cloud.
I previously did all the options available in Manage Web Site Data to no avail.
When I disabled cookies entirely I couldn't log in here.
I'm Mac self taught, no kids, so I'm not very computer savvy.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The Safari 10.1.2 update is simply the latest version, which contains security updates and bug fixes. Not sure it will do anything additional, it's just a good idea to stay current.

It's normal to have to login again, as I stated previously as using the Clear History deletes cookies which are used track your login status on websites. Some websites require access to cookies to allow login and save certain website data between visits.

Do you have any form of Time Machine or other backup of your data on an external HD?

C

Ask a Question