gov. cookies

Reaction score
i hope im in the correct forum.....
am currently in india and am very careful as to cache, tracking , plugins etc.... after removing cookies "bcp.gov.in" it keeps returning, w/o being on line.....i dont like the implications nor the intrusion (thinking about a vpn but if this is coming through the router im not sure it will work) ....the provider is bsnl, a hybrid a private / govt enterprise that recently has been inserting adverts into customer base w/o permission, have been able to block w/ u block...but blocking ads~being tracked are two different things....am using up to date el capitan on late 2015 imac any thoughts.....
thanks
.d

Reaction score
Interesting post. If I knew what to look for (or some other "sneaky/intrusive" item), I could maybe test the VPN feature of the Opera browser.

Reaction score
Interesting post. If I knew what to look for (or some other "sneaky/intrusive" item), I could maybe test the VPN feature of the Opera browser.

have tried everything took out all cookies and caches of safari, flash, applications, used easy find and removed it from library all while the computer was unplugged,offline and it still returned.....its in the system now i cant go to a vpn until its been removed..dont know where to look.....

Reaction score
I also use Easy Find, and while it finds most items associated with an application, it does not catch everything. When I want to remove an app, I use the excellent freeware program AppCleaner, available from here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

It's easy to use and very effective.

Also, I just did an Easy Find search of just "bcp", and while it found 8 fines with those letters as part of the name, none of them looked like anything you are seeing.

I have to wonder if there is an "equivalent" US hybrid/government enterprise that is doing similar sneaky things.

Reaction score
I also use Easy Find, and while it finds most items associated with an application, it does not catch everything. When I want to remove an app, I use the excellent freeware program AppCleaner, available from here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

It's easy to use and very effective.

Also, I just did an Easy Find search of just "bcp", and while it found 8 fines with those letters as part of the name, none of them looked like anything you are seeing.

I have to wonder if there is an "equivalent" US hybrid/government enterprise that is doing similar sneaky things.
this isnt an app its just cookies ....have app cleaner and also used disk aid neither worked ......could this be coded in frame works or deeper...or someting has hung up its beginning to look very sinsiter go into safari pref> manage website data> clear all and wait a couple of seconds i would be interested in what you find

Reaction score
this isnt an app its just cookies ....have app cleaner and also used disk aid neither worked ......could this be coded in frame works or deeper...or someting has hung up its beginning to look very sinsiter go into safari pref> manage website data> clear all and wait a couple of seconds i would be interested in what you find

have just discovered how to rid the cookies: user library>safari>bookmark plst to desk top>bin safari>restart>replace plst.download extensions....no cookies the question this raises is how did the cookies get there in the first place.......is there any method that will alert me to the situation that introduced them in the first place...........

Ask a Question