SOLVED Software Update Errors

Reaction score
I'm receiving software update errors for Firefox and Affinity Photo 2 among other third party software.
This didn't happen all at once but over time. More and more apps would give me software update errors when I tried to collect and install updates.

The Mac OS itself will update and I just did to Sonoma 14.4.1
I tried disc repair but that didn't seem to do anything. Other apps still give me the same errors.

Could there be some setting in the OS preventing third party apps from retrieving and updating software?

Reaction score
Update: I should have thought of this. Turning off my VPN helped in some respects. I was able to update Infinity Photo 2. Curiously I'm still getting an update error message for Firefox. But when I checked for the latest version of Firefox it appears I'm up to date. Though I still get an error message when I check for Firefox updates.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, an VPN can interfere with Apple Software Update and other third-party software built-in updaters.
  • What version of Firefox are you on - latest is 124.0.1
  • Have you tried a direct download of the Firefox installer DMG? Get Firefox for desktop
C

Reaction score
Sorry for such a delay in replying to your message. Ive had very little free time to look into this some more.
I can confirm that all my software update issues were the result of interference from my VPN.
Thanks for helping out!

Ask a Question