small CD stuck in drive - how do I get it out?

Reaction score
So, clearly my brain is on New Year vacation. I inserted one of those mini-CDs which was a software installation thing into the disc drive of my MacBook (13in/late 2006). Duh! Now I can't eject the stupid thing so it is stuck. I tried pushing in a correct sized CD in the hope that the Computer would begin to read the small disc and then I could eject it through Finder - didn't work. I tried hitting the Media eject button - didn't work. I restarted - didn't work. Any other ideas? I don't want to lose my disc drive permanently and don't really want to have to schlepp around town to find someone who can pull the Mac apart to release the CD - if that is even possible.

Reaction score
Terry Corder thank you SO much! I'm so grateful for your fast and extremely useful advice. And very relieved to see that I am not the only idiot in the world who has done this!

Ask a Question