Sleep Mode questions

Reaction score
Ok i will openly admit i'm pretty stupid when it comes to a mac , i can troubleshoot network problems with them with my eyes closed but general usage and i'm lost.

I just purchased a new macbook pro yesterday and there is one setting that i'd like to change that i can't find , on a windows pc i can do this with my eyes closed . When i close the lid of my laptop i don't want it to go to sleep , it turns the wireless off and everything and that's not what i want it to do i'd rather have it just stay the way it is and then go into standby whenever i set it to

Any help would be greatly appreciated

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Welcome!

Have you gone into the System Preferences (under the apple at top far left)? Check out Energy Saver; with that you should be able to set it up the way you want.

Reaction score
yeah i checked there , i'm not seeing the option i want , in windows there is a power option that's specifically for laptops with a drop down saying When i close the lid etc.... and you can set that to do nothing meaning the computer will stay ready and not go to sleep or idle , i'm not seeing this option. I feel like such a newb with this thing , i can tear my windows pc's apart and do whatever i want with the os but with mac i feel like 90% of the time i'm just saying duhhh i dunno gerg

Reaction score
As far as I know, this is not possible on all Apple laptops. Apple did not allow that as an option because of over-heating issues. However, I recall seeing a program somewhere which could enable you to do as you say. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name or where I saw it. Maybe someone else can recall. I haven't found it through search engines yet either. I hope you find it or that someone else can direct you where to go.

All the best

Searay

Ask a Question