screen randomly going blank

Reaction score
Ever since I got this MacBook Pro in February I've had a problem with the screen randomly going blank. The computer is still on, and if I tilt the screen or tilt the entire computer, especially on the left side, the screen usually comes back on. The first time I took it in for repairs they thought it needed to have the PRAM reset; but the problem came back almost instantly. I took it in a second time, and they thought it was loose wiring to the screen. This time it was fine for about a month and the problem came back again as bad as ever. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here? Another person at my university has had the same problem with a new MacBook Pro, so. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
thanks

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Would be interesting to test this with an external monitor, I suspect it will also go blank. Thus bottom line personally think it is the logic board.:(
And as it is a new machine take it back and suggest logic board as the cause.

Reaction score
This should have been logged in the AppleCare system as an ongoing problem with your MacBook Pro, take it back and get it sorted.
There is nothing else you can do, the sooner the better.

Ask a Question