Safe, safer....

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I want to put some files from my Mac into ICloud in order to synchronize with my iPhone and iPad. But I hesitate and have the feeling that iCloud is a less safe place than the Mac. 'My data on the street'. I have the feeling that my suspicion concerning the security might be misplaced due to misunderstanding. What do you think? Thanks for your answers, Dirk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

iCloud is as safe or safer than Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud storage solutions. Many companies, including Apple, Netflix, Hulu, etc. rely on cloud storage and streaming services like Amazon S3, Backblaze, and others.

I have a lot of important documents on my iCloud Drive, including a backup of my Quicken financials, 1Password Vault, etc. It is the easiest way to sync files between your Apple devices.

I guess it depends on what files you are planning to sync, and your comfort level. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

iCloud is as safe or safer than Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud storage solutions. Many companies, including Apple, Netflix, Hulu, etc. rely on cloud storage and streaming services like Amazon S3, Backblaze, and others.

I have a lot of important documents on my iCloud Drive, including a backup of my Quicken financials, 1Password Vault, etc. It is the easiest way to sync files between your Apple devices.

I guess it depends on what files you are planning to sync, and your comfort level. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

C
Thank you Cory. This helps. Dirk

Ask a Question