Safari & Safefind extension

Reaction score
Why does “safari safefind extension not work?

It keeps forcing itself to my attention, opens tab after tab after tab and each reports an error. If I have been away from the computer for a while I may have to close 20-30 of these alerts and the associated tabs, which always remain at the search page. Out of sheer frustration I uninstalled the extension, but it simply re-installed itself. So I closed Safari and after 5 minutes it re-opened it and began to repeat the sequence referred to above. Shut down has no effect. Effectively Safari is now unusable but it keeps on opening itself to tell me I can’t use it.
I have run the usual malware scans, Norton quick scan which discovered no threats, and I have adware blockers installed

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem. Failing that can anyone tell me how to uninstall Safari altogether?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If you mean the Safe Finder extension, uninstall it immediately. It is actually adware and can cause all kinds of issue on your Mac.

If you can't get it to remain uninstalled, try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.

Let us know if that works.

C

Reaction score
Hi, Cory, Thanks for the info. I tried all those things before posting using the very software you recommended. It did not detect anything.
However, all ended happily, after repeating all the actions over and over again, it finally disappeared and I've had no problems since (so far!). Unfortunately, I don't know which of my actions was decisive, but all's well that ends well, I guess.
Thanks again
B

Ask a Question