Safari and Google Maps

Reaction score
hi there

i have had a quick look through the forum and cant see anything.

I am having no luck using Google Maps, most of the time and map hosted by google will be greyed out, if its not, then as soon as i zoom in/out it will become greyed out.
Safari also struggles to show pictures on web pages. When i first open it it is fine, but after a few pages it will struggle to load, with the progress bar stopping 1/3rd of the way across the screen, it will then not load anymore pictures, only showing the blue question mark instead.

does anybody know what may be causing this?

i am running current versions of both safari and Firefox with OSX 10.5.5 with 4GB of Ram on a MacBook Pro

Duncan

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Duncan,

first create a new user account and see if Google maps works in that one...

System Preferences-->Accounts Click the plus button

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric

tried the new account option but still nothing. This is all i get in either account.

Picture1.png

Reaction score
Hey Zaphod- no help, but I have the same problem. I'm getting no love from Google, no matter what browser I use- Safari, Camino, or Firefox. Google images has ceased to work, as has Google Maps, and occasionally Blogger. It's only my at work Mac, my at home Mac has no such problems.

Any help/feedback from others would be most welcome!

Reaction score
Hi Duncan. I can not offer any help, but I've the same problems here with safari and firefox, on a macbook 2ghz intel. So lets hope there is a solluction for this, because this really sucks.

Reaction score
Levitron -

mine also happens with Blogger, which is owned by google. This does seem to be a google related thing. i thought it maybe something to do with my RAM that i have only just installed. but i have done a complete fresh install, so now running my MBP as if it was fresh from the box and it is still happening.

it does do it with a few other websites as well though, it seems to be a caching type of thing. its almost as if it loads a certain amount of data and then stops.

how on earth can google be causing this?

Ask a Question