Running Leopard!

Reaction score
AMAZING!!! Need I say more?

The new safari is really slick looking.

The new Finder with QuickLook is amazingly helpful!

Spotlight available in every application.

Video chats on iChat is sooo much fun!!

I will try to write a full review in a couple days. Stay tuned!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Nope that tag didn't work so this is the hard way

Warning: SUID file "System/library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired

Do you have any idea what this is all about

Reaction score
Hello Teapot

My word, you were not joking!!! It takes forever to do a Repair Permissions!!! Also, I got the exact same error you did. I think we are going to have to wait for Apple to release a software update. I have no idea what's going on with that error. We shall see.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Well, it looks like a lot of people are having this problem. Big Bug #1 for Leopard. Hopefully, Apple sees the number of complaints.

Ok, I am going to rant for minute.

It is expected, when there is a new OS release, that there will be bugs and glitches. If you don't want to deal with them, then just wait. When you buy something right away, you buy the bragging rights and the hype surrounding the new OS. If you don't mind the little bugs here and there, then go for it. You will have the satisfaction of owning it before the majority of the public. People are already complaining about these little setbacks. But the thing that we can all take comfort in is that Apple will correct the problem. I can't stand people who don't have this realization.

Ok, I am done ranting. This was NOT directed at anyone here.

As for me, I am enjoying this new OS. Blows the heck out of Vista. So I can't repair permissions now. Oh well, I will wait. I have confidence in Apple.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hey Teapot, or anyone else with Leopard

Is anyone having trouble with Video chatting. I tried it with my sister. She has a MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM running OS X 10.4.10. We would have a solid stable connection for 30 seconds or so, then it would just get all pixelated. Grrrr. I even tried opening up the ports iChat uses on my Airport Extreme, but we still had problems. Is there a problem when trying to video chat with a Tiger user if you are on Leopard? How can I correct this? I don't always video chat with iChat users.

Thanks for inputs

Searay

Reaction score
Hi all
I don't video chat but I am having problems with my Apple pro apps. FinalCut just will not launch, I have info'd Apple DVD SP Has problems hiding like it won't whether by keyboard short cut or from the menu drop down. What the heck I am sure there will be a fix soon and I think during the week I will do a complete reinstall because I am sure some of these problems are due in some way to the different way Leopard installs itself

Ask a Question