Rough quote on 2011 MacBook Pro 15"

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm writing from my brand new MacBook Air, which I finally got after a year of struggling with my 2011 Pro 15". I would like to sell it now but given the many and brave battles that it fought (I worked traveling in Uganda for a year), I'm not quite sure what a fair price would be. I'm gonna try to give here below some concise and accurate data to support my request:

Model - April 2011 15" MacBook Pro, 500GB hard drive, functioning charger, 4GB RAM.

Status - A few issues:

1- Outer glass on the screen is cracked but LCD works fine. There may be a single pixel broken but it could also be a tiny speck that got in between the crystals and the screen, couldn't figure it out.

2 - Keyboard doesn't work, or well, it does but has a life of its own. Laptop needs an external keyboard. Some sticky buttons.

3 - Case damaged. Bottom part is bent around charging and ethernet port. Both function but you can see that the laptop suffered quite a bit. Part of the case around the speakers is also bent, although not as serious or as visibly as around the ports. Whole bottom part, including keyboard would need to get replaced.

4 - Screen is not as steady as it used to be. I think a screw went missing and it wiggles a bit if you touch it from the back moving towards the front.

Originally the laptop was about 1600 bucks or so so I was wondering if you guys have an idea of a good price that I could be selling it for on ebay. I just need a range but I'm quite sure that it would come in handy to someone looking for parts since the internal components seem to be working just fine.

Thanks everyone for your help!

B

Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like it needs some TLC and a lot of money. So possibly extremely low resale valve.
Personally would spend time refurbishing then sell for a good price.

Reaction score
Sadly some of those problems are worth more than the Laptop is worth, to get repaired.
This make the resale price very low, my advice start with a very low reserve and see what the market will pay. Thats the good thing about auction sites, but don't expect much.

Ask a Question