right click closes the window

Reaction score
Hi!

I am kind of new to MAC (OSX 10.4.11, Mac Book Pro), been using it for just over a month now. Since past one week or so I have been facing problem with my right click in word and safari.

Everytime I press control and click to access options in word or copy something from safari my window closes. I have a mouse aswell and tried the right clicking with the secondary button but the same thing happens. It is almost like a pattern when it happens alternately on safari and i can use it once but closes the next time, but in word it always closes!

I don't know what is wrong...:confused:

help pls!

Reaction score
Have you checked the mouse settings first? See what the settings for right clicking are. You can modify those.

Reaction score
yeah my right click on the mouse is on secondary button, i din know i could change it and was using control and click for the right click option but while trying to figure out why the windows were closing i changed the mouse setting to have both primary and secondary buttons like in a 2 button mouse, but still the windows close!

also today morning i couldn start my computer and i freaked out because all my school work is on there, after a couple of anxious pushes on the power button and holding it down for like 10 seconds it started but i got an error message that the mac os x closed unexpectedly, which is funny coz i shut it down properly! i don know whats happenin :(

Ask a Question