Return key shortcut

Reaction score
hi I have messed up the return key function (spilled something) and cannot get into my lap top to see the screen because I am locked out, can't hit return after putting in my password ! is there a return key shortcut on the keyboard so I can get back onto my screen thx

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry about your issue. I don't know of any shortcut for the Return key when logging in. You can use the mouse/trackpad to click the circle with arrow in it on several versions of OS X, if it is there. It is usually to the right of the password dots in the box, just to the right of the password box, or at the right of four buttons below the user/password boxes and labeled Login. Or, you could attach an inexpensive USB keyboard and use its Return key.

-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Which model MacBook?

Unfortunately, it will require repair to restore it to full functionality.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry about your issue. I don't know of any shortcut for the Return key when logging in. You can use the mouse/trackpad to click the circle with arrow in it on several versions of OS X, if it is there. It is usually to the right of the password dots in the box, just to the right of the password box, or at the right of four buttons below the user/password boxes and labeled Login. Or, you could attach an inexpensive USB keyboard and use its Return key.

-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Which model MacBook?

Unfortunately, it will require repair to restore it to full functionality.

C
Thanks for your help, I found the circle with the cross after I posted so got back in, usb keyboard sounds like a good suggestion also as it seems not only the return key but scroll bar and arrow keys are now all playing up too. anyway thanks.

Ask a Question