Returning bootcamp image to an older Macbook

Reaction score
Hi, My daughter has a newer Macbook probably purchased in 2014 and an older Macbook probably purchased in 2011 or 2012. The older machine needs repairs to get it running again. It needs a new disk drive at least. Her newer machine is running the Mac Partition and the Bootcamp partition with Win 7. I made sure she did an image backup of both partitions using SuperDuper for the mac and the build in disk utility to create a compressed bootcamp image. Now the Win 7 on the newer machine is giving her problems and she uses both partitions of this machine for her work (no machine no income and bills to pay). I want her to get the old machine repaired with the same or larger ram and a bigger disk so she can use it as a backup machine and so she will never be without a machine for a day of work and so we can test the return of the Win 7 image to this older machine before she tries to return the image to the newer machine. I am wondering if it is going to be possible to return the bootcamp partition to the older machine or returning the SuperDuper none compressed partition to the older mac machine (assuming things go as they should in theory that is).

Thanks,
John Bowles.

Reaction score
I have an update. I talked to someone at the apple store. He said that the bootcamp image can not be returned to a different machine since windows will pick up the fact that a different machine is used. So I am wondering if it is possible to increase the disk size and the ram size on the newer macbook and then return this bootcamp image such that windows will still run.

Ask a Question